Reliable AC Installation Service from Lunsford’s Certified HVAC Technicians
If your air conditioning system isn’t working as well as it should, you might consider replacing it with a new energy efficient model. The AC installation process can be complex, so it’s important to hire a skilled and experienced contractor to ensure the equipment is sized and installed properly. Whether you’re replacing an existing unit or building a new home, you can rely on Lunsford Air Conditioning & Heating to install your new air conditioner the right way. We have worked hard to earn our reputation as an honest and ethical family-owned company.
Air Conditioner Warning Signs
Homeowners often fail to recognize when it’s time to replace an aging air conditioner. Even if your unit is still running, it may need to be replaced. If you’re noticing any of the following problems, it might be time to start looking at new equipment options:
- Escalating Repair Costs: If your air conditioning repair costs keep growing, your unit probably should be replaced. Once an out-of-warranty compressor fails, it’s definitely time to purchase an entirely new AC system.
- Rising Utility Bills: Have you noticed your summer electric bills are increasing every year? It might be due to harsh weather, but declining AC performance may also be the cause. Every year, air conditioner efficiency declines slightly, especially if the unit hasn’t been properly maintained. Installing a modern high-efficiency AC system could help significantly lower your summer utility costs.
- Comfort Issues: An air conditioner’s main job is to keep the indoor environment cool and comfortable. If you have rooms in your home that never seem to cool down, your existing system may not have been sized properly.
- Obsolete Equipment: The design life for most air conditioners is 10-15 years. Technology enhancements like variable speed blowers, inverter-driven compressors, and programmable thermostats save money and can actually pay for themselves over the lifetime of the equipment.
Purchasing Considerations for New Air Conditioners
Purchasing a new air conditioner can seem a bit overwhelming at first glance. If you think you might need to replace your current system, our comfort specialists know how to make the HVAC installation process quick and easy without compromises. They can help you select a budget-friendly AC system that will meet all your performance expectations.
Here are some of the things to be aware of when you’re shopping for a new central air conditioner:
- SEER Rating: When buying new air conditioning equipment, always look closely at the Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER). A higher SEER rating indicates a more efficient model. For hot and humid climates like ours, ask to see the unit’s extended SEER ratings.
- Tonnage: In the world of air conditioners, bigger usually isn’t better. Make sure your contractor runs a full set of load calculations, so your equipment is sized properly.
- Consider AC Upgrades: Explore upgrades like multi-stage compressors and variable speed blowers for the ultimate in efficiency and comfort.
Total Air Conditioning Services
To learn more about the benefits of installing a new air conditioner in your Milton, Pensacola, Gulf Breeze, Perdido, Navarre, Pace or Cantonment, FL home, call one of our comfort specialists today. They’ll schedule a free AC system evaluation at your convenience.